Meet the Candidates
For the 12th Bishop of Utah
RSVP to attend
If you haven’t RSVP’d yet for a Meet & Greet, please click on this link: https://diocese.wufoo.com/forms/z1aa76xy15b5b1b/
The guidelines for attendance are listed on the RSVP form. Deadline for RSVP is March 25th.
Grace Church in St George, Tuesday, April 5th from 3 PM – 5 PM
St Elizabeth’s in Whiterocks, Wednesday, April 6th from 3 PM – 5 PM
Good Shepherd in Ogden, Thursday, April 7th from 3 PM – 5 PM
St James’ in Midvale, Friday, April 8th from 3 PM – 5 PM
What Should I Expect at the Meet & Greet?
Attendees will check in at the front desk where they will receive their breakout room assignments. They will be asked to proceed to their assigned breakout room, where they will remain for all sessions. The Meet & Greet sessions will include an opening prayer, introductions, and instructions. The nominees will rotate through the rooms so that everyone has an opportunity to meet and hear each of them in a smaller setting.
The Breakout Sessions
Each breakout room will have a moderator and a timekeeper. A session will begin with an introduction of the candidate and then a series of questions. Some questions will have been previewed by the candidate and some will be extemporaneous. All the questions have been chosen from those submitted to the Transition Committee. There will be no questions from the floor. Each session will be 30 minutes long, with a 5-minute break after each session to allow the candidates to rotate to the next room. Attendees stay in their assigned breakout room.
One session per candidate per location will be recorded to be available for viewing within 24 hours.
How do I Prepare for the Meet & Greet?
- Read the nominees’ profiles and answers to written questions on the bishop search page of the diocesan website; utahbishopsearch.org
- Their answers should give you some insight concerning how each nominee might lead the diocese.
- Read the diocesan profile.
- Pray for guidance.
- Come to the Meet & Greets with an open heart, and open mind. Allow your heart and mind to be open to guidance of the Holy Spirit.
This communication has been prepared by the Subcommittee on Communications of the Transition Committee. For more information about the process of electing a new bishop please visit our website at utahbishopsearch.org
- Lea los perfiles de los candidatos y las respuestas a las preguntas escritas en la página de la búsqueda de obispo del sitio web diocesano; utahbishopsearch.org
- Sus respuestas deberían darle una idea de cómo cada candidato podría liderear la diócesis.
- Lea el perfil diocesano.
- Ore por dirección.
- Asista a los Conocer y Saludar con el corazón y la mente abiertos. Permita que su corazón y su mente estén abiertos a la guía del Espíritu Santo.