Church of the Resurrection, Centerville
We have found our parish hall to be a perfect place for safe indoor worship. There are doors that can open for ventilation. The room can accommodate 38-40 safely distanced with masks on. People are encouraged to remain seated throughout the service, as there is no chair in front of them with which to steady themselves. We’ve carried items from the sanctuary so that worship feels familiar, yet different. The morning sun shines through on us as the word is spoken and communion is shared with individual chalices of wine which also contain the bread. The music director provides a prelude and postlude, although we do miss singing. And coffee hour. We are staying safe and we are staying faithful!
St. David’s Episcopal Church, Page AZ
St. David’s Episcopal Church hosts “almost outside” services on Sundays. St. David’s is with it’s large back wall that opens the Sanctuary to outside!
Holy Spirit Episcopal Church (Randlett) and St. Paul’s (Vernal)
Holy Spirit Episcopal Church in Randlett and St. Paul’s in Vernal are meeting outdoors at 10:00, weather permitting. We alternate each week between Morning Prayer and Holy Communion.
Good Shepherd and El Buen Pastor, Ogden
Good Shepherd and El Buen Pastor have been holding in-person outdoor services in the church courtyard for the last two months (8.45am and 10.00am respectively). From 18th October we plan to move indoors (providing Weber/Morgan does not go from yellow to orange status).
The English language service on Sundays will be at 8.45am, with another on Thursdays at 10.00am. The Spanish language service will be on Sundays at 10.00am in the Latino Chapel. A sign-up app will control attendance numbers, and strict protocols will remain in place.
The English language services are bookended with music (currently recorded) courtesy of our Director of Music.
Right from the beginning recorded services of Morning Prayer, in English (with music) and in Spanish, have been posted every Sunday on Good Shepherd’s website and FaceBook page. The website also offers the extracted sermons for those who attend in-person Eucharist. A pre-recorded Reflective story (similar to Godly Play) for Elementary age children is also posted every week on our website and FB page. An online group for our Youth Forum (Junior High) twice a month on a Sunday evening will begin soon.
This week (11th October) we are honoring the Indigenous People of North America in our services. Mr Forrest Cuch from St Elizabeth’s will make a presentation in the online service.
- Zoom Morning Prayer takes place on Mondays and Thursdays at 8.00am
- Zoom Coffee Hour is at 11.30am on Sundays
- EfM has resumed – on Zoom.
- We have had one Bible Study series, and others are in the pipeline.
- The choir meets weekly on Zoom.
- Vestry and Committees meet on Zoom.
- The Shepherd’s Fold continues to give out linen packages to those moving into a home after having been homeless (referred to us by entities such as Human Resources, United Way, Lantern House, CCS, etc). Donations have kept up with this.
- We are unable to offer the Wednesday Shepherd’s Bowl Community Lunch, but volunteers come in and prepare sack lunches which are collected by Youth Futures and given out to those in need around the city.
- We remain a host church for Family Promise, though our last sessions were hosted at an alternative location, as our building was not able to be used. Our next hosting session is Christmas!
- The “Clergy Pantry” has handed out more lunch packs than usual, and assisted some church families with groceries.
- Outside groups such as NA and La Leche have not been able to meet due to Covid restrictions. NA is meeting at Alana, but very much wants to be back at Good Shepherd.
St. Francis Episcopal Church, Moab
We are currently meeting outdoors 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays at 10am each month weather permitting. A reflection (homily) is available every Sunday. Wednesday evenings, Compline or Evening Prayer is offered via Zoom at 6pm.